hollybird

hollybird

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

spring break projects

We are a few days into Spring Break and so far, so good! No major meltdowns...yet. After our snowstorm on Friday we've had beautiful weather - 60's! Crazy. But on Thursday, more snow!

I'm trying to get to my sewing room whenever I can. I've made 2 Domesticated Skirts from Sew a Straight Line. They are so easy and SO CUTE! Today I must make one for daughter #1 or I'll be in big trouble. I made a couple of changes because we had snow the day I made them and wasn't going to brave the storm for bias tape! I used grosgrain ribbon for the top of the skirts and ties and hemmed the bottom with 2 rows of stitches. Here are a couple of photos.


I'm also going to make some Peeps Bunny Bunting from Dana of MADE. I LOVE this! My kids are HUGE Peeps fans so it'll make for a nice Easter decoration. I'll post photos when I've finished those... must get more felt!

No comments:

Post a Comment